This declaration of ethical codes of scientific publication is based on the Head of LIPI Regulation No. 5 of 2014 on the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications, which essentially upholds three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, ie free of conflict of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, namely to authors to author/writer right; and (iii) Honesty, i.e free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publication.
Editor’s Task and Responsibilities
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors/writers,
- Seeking continuous improvement of publication quality,
- Implementing processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritizing freedom of expression objectively,
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic record,
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, withdrawals and apologies as required,
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper is the responsibility of the author/writer,
- Actively seeking the opinions of authors, readers, partners, and editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encouraging the assessment of the journal if any findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by having the authors attach an Ethical Clearance form approved by the Ethical Clearance Commission,
- Supporting initiatives to educate researchers about ethical publications,
- Assessing the effect of publishing policy on the author /writer's attitudes and reviewer and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors
- Having an open mind to new opinions or views of others who may be contrary to personal opinion,
- Do not defend your own opinion, author or third party that may result in a non-objective decision,
- Encouraging authors/writers, in order to make improvements to the paper to be published.
Reviewer’s Tasks and Responsibilities
- Receiving an assignment from the editor to review the article and submit the review to the editor, as the material for determining the feasibility of an article to be published. The reviewer shall not review any articles involving him, whether directly or indirectly.
- Maintaining the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations.
- Encouraging author/writer to make improvements to the articles.
- Reviewing the articles that have been improved is in accordance with the standards that have been determined.
- The articles are reviewed in a timely fashion according to the scientific style of guide (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities Author/Writer
- Ensuring that the author/writer list meet the criteria as author/writer.
- Collectively responsible for the work and the contents of the article include methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- Stating the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Describing the limitations in the study.
- Responding to comments made by the partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Informing the editor if it will retract his article.
- Making a statement that the article submitted for publication are original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of submitting to other publishers.